Monday, June 14, 2010

Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it

-- Henry Thoreau

Busy as a Bee
The past few weeks have gone by in a blur.
Work in the lab has been crazy. With Kyle being able to perform kinetic studies while in Ireland. I have been tasked with trying out the new biomarkers for any signal and determining how they bind together. It's been really nice being able to walk to the lab from my apartment. It's all down hill on the way to work....But that hill on the way home is deadly.


Lions and Tigers and Bears! Oh My! (minus the bears)
I visited the Franklin Park Zoo in Boston. Not the greatest zoo in the world but it did its job of keeping me busy for an afternoon. It was filled with elementary school students on their "End of School" field trip. Lots of screaming, lots of running, so the majority of the animals were in hiding, but I was able to get a few pictures. Left over from the previous owner is a large stone tower. It is called "Sargent's Folly", and is the only structure that predates the zoo. Basically is it a useless structure that the previous owner thought would look "cool" on his estate.

Library
I stopped by the Copley Library which is the oldest public library in the US. It is filled with amazing paintings and books. One of the upper galleries had small dioramas of famous art work. The artist put himself into each of the great art work scenes as if he were creating them. The inner courtyard was the perfect place to finish my book and get a great cup of coffee.

By the Sea
I had a free afternoon and decided to wander along the bay. I began at Fanueil Hall and somehow ended up at Fan Pier overlooking the bay. It was absolutely beautiful and calm. It was the perfect ending to a busy day in the lab, and made this whole trip worth it.



Count Down: 15 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment