Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.

~Dr. Seuss

June has been crazy. I have finished my first month of my internship here is Boston. It has been ghastly hot and humid for the entire stay but worth every minute.

I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my squishy!~Dory
My mom came up to New England to visit relatives and stopped in for visit. We spent the day gallivanting around Boston. I taught her how to ride the T and get from my apartment to her annual convention. We spent Friday at the New England Aquarium and stared at fish. The aquarium has a four story tank in the center that is home to multiple sharks and a few sea turtles. They are currently housing wild sea turtles that are recovering from the gulf spill. Unlike many other aquariums, this one has a large colony of penquins that loudly call it home. We arrived just at feeding time. These little blue penguins flap there wings as fast as possible to help their metabolism. If only that worked in humans...

Who's on first...
I made my way out to Fenway park and did a quick day of exploration. Surprisingly it was in a somewhat sketchy part of town. I did a quick lap of the outside and took some photos before jumping back onto the train.




Tomorrow I head of into the great, wide world and hopefully land in Ireland.

To all of my cousins who graduated this year... Congratulations! Good luck next year and do a study abroad program!

No comments:

Post a Comment